As part of its expanded push to get more creators across to its platform, with advanced monetization and growth tools, YouTube has today launched its newly refreshed YouTube for Creators website, which provides info on all the key elements of building a YouTube Channel and presence.
As explained by YouTube: “Whether you’re a new or seasoned creator, you are the driving force behind YouTube.
We want to make it easier for you to do what you do best. Along with the official Creators channel, the website will offer expert advice to help tell your story, build your community, and turn your passions into opportunities.”
The new website has been organized into three sections to simplify the listings, and make it easier for creators to find the info they need. The ‘Welcome Creators’ section provides links to YouTube’s policies, and tips on getting started, while YouTube has also included more in-depth overviews of how each element of the channel-building process works, with relevant links to official guides and explainers.
YouTube user statistics
1. YouTube has more than 2 billion logged-in monthly users That’s not quite as large an audience as Facebook’s 2.74 billion monthly active users.
2. 74% of adults in the U.S. use YouTube That’s more than Facebook (which reaches 68% of American adults). And it’s almost twice as much as the next runner-up, Instagram (40%).
3. YouTube is the world’s second-most visited website Right after its parent company, Google.
4. It’s also the world’s second-most used social platform In this case, it comes in right behind Facebook.
5. People watch more than a billion hours of video on YouTube every day A billion hours. Every day. That’s an incredible amount of content being consumed, all around the world.
6. More 12. 40.9% of YouTube watch time happens on mobile This number has been shrinking recently as people spend more time watching YouTube on their TVs, but it’s still a significant portion of viewing time. It’s important to consider because it means YouTube statistics showing how much time people spend browsing YouTube.com significantly underreport the amount of time users actually spend on the platform. (Since mobile views are more likely to use the YouTube app.)
More information here: https://youtube.com/c/youtubecreators
@MarkPavelich CEO TheMarkConsulting.com
Connect with Mark below on all his Social Media.