Create fresh content weekly The more you create, Pinterest says, the more chances you have to be discovered, while Pinterest specifically notes that brands should look to create ‘fresh Idea Pins every week’ to solidify their presence.
- Use trends to inform your strategy – Pinterest’s Trends tool is a hugely valuable resource for staying on top of key interests in any niche, and you should definitely be tapping into that data to help inform your Pin strategy.
- Add text overlay to your Pins – Like other Stories options, Idea Pins have their own visual additions and tools, which can make your frames stand out and grab attention. Pinterest additionally notes that the text overlay on your Idea Pins affects how they show up in Pinterest search.
- Topic tag before you publish – You can also add topic tags to your Idea Pins and video Pins, and Pinterest advises that you should ‘always do this’. ‘Tagging a mix of topics related to your content helps your idea reach the people who are interested in what you’re creating’.
- Fill in all of your board details – And finally, a universal social media platform tip – ensure you’ve added in all of your details, on boards and on your profile, to maximize your opportunities. ‘Board names, descriptions and categories all impact how your content shows up in Pinterest search results. Use clear, descriptive language to improve your search performance.’
One of the most important social media marketing platforms is Pinterest. Even though it may not be as popular as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, Pinterest certainly has its potential to connect with your target audience. Some stats to keep in mind.
- As one of the most popular social media sites in the world, Pinterest currently has 478 million monthly active users (Pinterest, 2021).
- Pinterest stats show the platform as a predominantly female platform, with two times as many female Pinterest users than male users. More specifically, six out of every ten Pinterest users worldwide are female (Pinterest, 2020).
- There are over 200 billion pins saved on Pinterest (Pinterest, 2019). With a total of 300 million Pinterest users, that’s an average of 667 pins per pinner. Of the 200 billion pins, two-thirds are brand- or product-related pins and recipe-related pins constitute 1.7 billion.
Pinterest is always best for Health and Fitness, Food and Drinks, Home Décor, Travel and even great for Tattoo’s. Have fun with it and enjoy!
@MarkPavelich CEO TheMarkConsulting.com