Sometimes you want more than a midnight snack; sometimes you want a midnight meal. So after months of intense research, okay you caught me after months of eating out late I’ve compiled a list of the top restaurants in Edmonton that are open late night for some delicious food that isn’t McDonalds or a Donair, although sometimes a Donair does hit the spot!
Hahaha some of my American followers are probably reading this wondering what in the world is a Donair? For those that don’t know a Donair is similar to a Gyro but with a sweet sauce… So it’s meat from the spinning rack usually a mix of lamb & beef with lettuce, tomatoes & onions and your choice of cheese wrapped in a pita! It’s delicious but it may also give you a heart attack. Sorry to get off-topic here’s the list in no particular order.
- Izakaya Tomo | 3739 99 St | This is one of my favourite Japanese restaurants in Edmonton they have incredible Sushi and the best part is they are open until midnight during the week & 2 am on the weekends! This place is where “Nasty” Garret Nybakken professional MMA fighter & MFC veteran go for our traditional pre-fight dinner! The décor makes you feel like you’ve travelled to Japan to have some fresh sushi!
- Cactus Club | Joeys | Earls | I have placed all these together because their food, atmosphere and hours are all very similar and no matter where you live in the city you will have one of these restaurants nearby.
- Central Social Hall | 10909 Jasper Ave | This pub turns into one of Edmonton’s busiest bars and it holds the championship belt for the latest kitchen open as it’s open until 2 AM all week long!
- Sugarbowl | 10922 88th Ave | One of Whyte Ave’s most famous breakfast-to-dinner spots is actually open until 1 am! It’s been a staple since 1943 and it has over a 160 craft beers for the connoisseur plus its eclectic menu will you leave you full and satisfied.
- Woodwork | 10132 100 St | This cozy & cute restaurant right off Jasper Avenue located in the heart of downtown will leave you feeling inspired with their unique cocktails & wood-fired meals. That’s right all their dishes are created and cooked over open flame.
- Mercer Tavern | 10363 104 St | You can’t get any closer to the new Rogers Place arena that will be open next year than this rustic-chic hangout. Start getting to know the GM, a friend of mine from high school Jeff Lesik now because once that new arena opens it’s going to be chaos at this location! Their Burger is my favourite in the city, it never disappoints!
- Craft Beer Market | 10013 101A Avenue | This menu features everything from beer can chicken to Korean Satay lettuce wraps, there’s something for everyone. It has a beautiful rooftop patio for glorious summer days. With 4 levels and over 100 microbrews this place is great when you’re in a pinch!
Sometimes you want to eat great even late and you don’t want to go to Wendy’s! I hope this helps, have a great long weekend!
Written by: Dave Pavelich
Connect with Dave below!